How We’re Handling COVID-19
To Our Dental Family:
We recognize that this is a time of uncertainty and anxiousness. Rest assured that the health and safety of our staff and patients is THE highest priority. For this reason, we will be modifying our daily operations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The following are changes you can expect if you are scheduled for an appointment in our office:
- Before any treatment or cleaning will be rendered, all patients will be screened with a questionnaire and body temperature check. Depending on the outcome, you will either be treated or dismissed with a directive to seek care with your physician or county health department.
- If you will be receiving treatment, you will be asked to rinse your mouth with a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution prior to any procedure. The purpose of the rinse is to decrease the number of infectious particles in your mouth.
- At the discretion of your provider and depending on the procedure, additional measures may be required (like the use of a rubber dam).
- You may notice that all waiting room magazines have been eliminated. This is for your safety and your understanding is appreciated.
- You may also notice that if you are handed a pen to complete paperwork, you will be asked to deposit the pen in a designated disinfection container. These pens will be disinfected before being used again.
- My staff has been charged with disinfection of all hard surfaces that are touched throughout the day. These include all door handles, light switches, railings, elevator buttons, etc. This will be done at least every hour.
- I have posted signs throughout the office asking all patients to refrain from touching their face and mouth during their visit. The containment of germs is our highest priority. Please read and abide by these guidelines.
There are many additional procedural processes that have always been in place for your protection that you may not know about. Some of these include:
- Strict adherence to CDC and OSHA directed Universal Precautions, which call for protective equipment (gloves, masks, eye protection, etc) to be used and discarded after each patient.
- Thorough disinfection with an approved cleaner of every treatment room following every procedure.
- Steam autoclave sterilization of instruments used for procedures that is monitored every run for successful sterilization.
Please cancel your appointment if you feel sick or have fever. Please wash your hands before and after your appointment. Please do not be offended when I don’t shake hands. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding at this difficult time.